In accordance with Articles 18 and 19 of the Statutes of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague, the Dean of the Faculty of Music and Dance of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (referred to as HAMU) hereby announces the following rules for the admission procedure and conditions for admission to full-time Master's degree programmes in English in the academic year 2023/2024.
Study programme Composition
study programme String Instruments:
study programme Dance Pedagogy:
● Date of admission examinations: 5 June to 20 June 2023
● Deadline for applications: 15 April 2023
● Administrative fee: 883,- CZK (eight hundred and eighty-three Czech crowns), to be paid by credit card or by bank transfer to HAMU bank account no. 19-5373180297/0100, v. s. 64911, spec. s. = application code. Each applicant is obliged to pay the fee for the actions connected with the admission procedure at any time from the moment of submitting the application for studies, but no later than 15 April 2023.
● Applicants will not be refunded the fee paid for the admission procedure (see AMU Statutes, Article 20, paragraph 2).
● Applicants shall submit their applications only electronically in the application form: https://prihlaska.amu.cz/apps/kos/prihlaska/wpr_webapp_pg.main?p_session_id=&p_view=&p_action=changeLang&p_lang=AN in the event of failure to properly complete the application in the system or submission by other means, the application will be considered invalid and the admission procedure will be terminated.
● Required attachments in paper form only, a list of which is given in the Annex to this Decree, shall be sent by the applicant by post to the following address: 13 Malostranské nám., 118 00 Prague 1, or personally deliver it to the AMU mailroom, 12/259 Malostranské nám., 118 00 Prague 1, opening hours see https://www.amu.cz/en/all-about-amu/contact/
● The deadline for submission of the application form including attachments is 15 April 2023. For further information see https://www.hamu.cz/en/studies/admission-procedures/
● The web application of the AMU study system "Application" is open from 15 March to 15 April 2023.
● Each department sets specific dates on which the admission procedure will take place. Invitations with further information will be sent to applicants by the relevant departmental officers to the e-mail address provided in the applicant's application form at least 10 working days before the admission examination.
● The candidate is obliged to confirm receipt of the invitation electronically.
● In case the department requires additional materials for the 1st round, e.g. video recordings, scores, recordings, electronic records, links to internet storage, or CD/DVD media, the candidate is obliged to send these materials directly to the relevant department, for exact instructions see the conditions of the entrance examinations for individual study programmes/specialisations https://www.hamu.cz/en/studies/admission-procedures/
Failure to deliver the required materials by the deadline coinciding with the application deadline will be considered as failure to meet the conditions of the first round of the admission procedure and a decision will be made not to admit the student.
● The Master's degree is accredited as a two-year follow-up to a previous successfully completed Bachelor's degree in the same study programme/specialisation. If an applicant's application does not clearly show that the requirements of the same study programme have been met, the dean may, on the basis of a written request from the examination board of the relevant study programme/specialisation, allow admission to the master's programme if the affinity of the completed Bachelor's programme lies mainly in the identity or similarity of the content of the programme. See also Dean's Decree No 17/2020, Article 1(2).
● Successful completion of the entrance examination in English and fulfilment of the conditions of the admission procedure are prerequisites for admission to a master's programme or specialisation.
● All the conditions for meeting the established criteria and for determining the minimum and maximum examination scores for admission to individual programmes or specialisations are published, see https://www.hamu.cz/en/studies/admission-procedures/
There are no alternative dates for the admissions procedure. If a candidate is unable to appear for the entrance examination on the regular date for health reasons and submits a medical certificate within 3 days of the date of the entrance examination, the Dean shall consider the excuse and may, in exceptional and justified cases, set an alternative date for the entrance examination on the proposal of the relevant department and in agreement with the relevant admissions board.
Applicants will be notified in writing of the result of the admission test within 30 days of the decision of the admissions board.
The admission procedure shall be conducted in English. Applicants are required to prove their proficiency in English according to the CEFR as a condition of admission to studies conducted in English (except for applicants whose native language is English). Required English language proficiency according to the CEFR at level B2. Applicants must demonstrate this knowledge during the admission procedure.
The required proof is either:
(a) an official international examination certificate from an accredited institution (assessed by the AMU Language Training Centre); or
b) a certificate of completion of another Bachelor's degree programme accredited in English in the Czech Republic or abroad; or
c) a certificate of passing a fee-based language examination at the Language Training Centre. The date of the examination will be specified to each applicant by the Study Department.
Without fulfilling this condition, the applicant cannot be issued a decision on admission to study.
● This Decree was discussed and approved by the Academic Senate of HAMU on 8 December 2022.
● The annex to this decree forms an integral part thereof.
● The Decree shall enter into force on the date of its publication on the HAMU website and official notice board.
Prague, 9 December 2022
Prof. Ivan Klánský
Dean of the Faculty of Music and Dance
Academy of Performing Arts in Prague
Candidates for study must fill in the electronic application form completely and send it to the Faculty's study system (KOS) and send the required attachments in paper form by post or personally deliver them to the AMU Registry Office by 15 April 2023.
Since all the following mandatory attachments are on file with the Study Department. HAMU, it is not necessary to attach these attachments to the application.
1. An officially certified proof of completion of Bachelor studies in the Czech Republic (diploma and diploma supplement) or
2. On a separate attachment, a certificate from the university's study department stating that the student has completed the final year of his/her Bachelor's studies at the relevant university.
3. A professional CV.
In the case of a nomination for admission, an officially certified proof of completion of Bachelor's studies (diploma and diploma supplement) must be submitted immediately to the HAMU Study Department.
You must attach one of the following documents to your application:
(a) A proof of general recognition of the equivalence or validity of the foreign document of attainment of a Bachelor's degree in the Czech Republic (the so-called nostrification, see https://www.amu.cz/cs/studium/nostrifikace/uznavani-predchoziho-vzdelani-pro-uchazece/) or
b) A proof of the award of the European Baccalaureate; or
c) A foreign document of a foreign Bachelor's degree if it is automatically equivalent in the Czech Republic according to their international obligations without further official procedure (Bachelor's degree and supplement to the diploma from Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia) or
d) A foreign document of foreign higher education, which was obtained by completing studies in a Bachelor's higher education programme at a foreign higher education institution operating under the legislation of a foreign state and which entitles its holder to access to study in a follow-up Master's degree programme or in a Master's degree programme which is not related to a Bachelor's degree programme in the foreign state, which the AMU itself assesses. See https://www.amu.cz/en/study/recognition-of-foreign-education/assessment-foreign-education-amu-admissions-process/ for information on how to prove that graduates have met the requirements for prior learning. This process is subject to a fee.
a) A programme sheet, i.e. a summary of previous activities, including major works or creative works performed to date,
b) A letter of motivation.
Documents provided are not returned. All documents are required in Czech or English language.
MA Composition 2023_2024 ENG conditions of admission.pdf (40.5 KB) MA Dance Pedagogy 2023_2024 ENG conditions of admission.pdf (37.3 KB) MA String Instruments 2023_2024 ENG conditions of admission.pdf (70.3 KB)