Dear Students, Teachers and Faculty Staff,
With regard to the Resolution of the Government of the Czech Republic No. 491 of 30 April 2020 on the adoption of a crisis measure with effect from 11 May 2020, I have updated my guidelines.
I would still like to ask you to carefully and consistently observe the sanitary regime and the rules listed below.
prof. Ivan Klánský, Dean, HAMU
Prague, 6 May 2020
In keeping with the sanitary rules, students of all years of study can be present at the Faculty of Music and Dance of the Academy of Performing Arts from Monday 11 May 2020 and use its premises for individual consultations of the subjects of the main courses with the corresponding teacher.
Although Dean's leave is announced for 11 May (it is not cancelled), the faculty will be open and, if necessary, it will be possible to hold consultations subject to a previous appointment.
During the consultation, the maximum number of people in the classroom or premises designated for this purpose is determined as follows:
- for music disciplines, there is a maximum of 5 people, including the teacher and, if needed, an accompanist.
- for dance disciplines, there is a maximum of 10 people, including the teacher and, if needed, an accompanist.
The teaching of theoretical courses will continue in the distance form. In the event that it is necessary to complete the course with a credit, the student will be awarded this credit in the KOS by the corresponding teacher. Where it is necessary to complete the course with an exam, these exams in individual subjects can take place remotely as mandated by the nature of the exam, e.g. test, written paper, etc. Where this is not possible, the teacher will need to organize an individual exam at the faculty.
Students studying at the Department of Composition and the following instruments: piano, harpsichord, organ, percussion, harp will be allowed to practice individually in the appropriate premises / classrooms of the department or their course. For these purposes, the space / classroom will be approved by the head of the department or the guarantor of the field of study for individual students and subsequently registered in the reservation system by the secretary of the relevant department. Priority will be given to graduate students.
It will still not be possible for the Department of Voice and Opera Directing to organize preparation and rehearsals for opera performances other than in the form of an individual consultation.
The Department of Jazz Interpretation can organize so-called ensemble sessions both in the premises of Divadlo Inspirace and in the TON Studio. The participants must maintain a distance of 2 m and use masks or other barrier protection of the mouth and nose. The singer can take part in these consultations, but he / she is not allowed to remove the mask while singing. Wind instrument players may participate but not actively play their instrument.
Necessary technical restrictions and guidelines:
- The faculty will be open from Monday to Friday, always from 9 am to 6 pm. Outside this period, the building is closed to all persons,
- for the purposes of a consultation, the teacher of the main field of study must, in agreement with the head of the department and in cooperation with the secretary of the department, reserve a classroom / space in the faculty reservation system at least one day in advance, including listing the persons present at the consultation (teacher, tutor and student). Based on this information, the corresponding persons will be admitted to the building. The reason is the need for the faculty to keep track of the ongoing activities and have the necessary records in case of checking the recommendations of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic to ease measures,
- upon arrival at the Liechtenstein Palace (the entrance through the Hartig Palace will be closed), the student will identify him/herself with an ISIC card and, upon entry, will complete and sign an affidavit of his/her clean bill of health at the reception. If the student can print the form at home, he/she can bring it already filled in and signed, and only hand it in at the reception. The form will be available in electronic form on the HAMU website, and in paper form at the LP reception. Students must be free of acute health problems corresponding to a viral infection (e.g. fever, cough, dyspnoea, sudden loss of taste and smell, etc.) and must not be in quarantine. Please note that false information can be very severely sanctioned during these measures and the declared state of emergency!,
- after a consultation or rehearsal, the student immediately leaves the faculty building after reporting his/her departure again at the reception,
- the teacher is responsible for compliance with sanitary regulations recommended by the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic in connection with the Government Decree of 14 April 2020 - mandatory protection of the upper respiratory tract during the entire stay at the faculty (wearing a mask), mandatory disinfection of hands before classes, and keeping a distance of 2 metres between persons both in the classrooms and in the common areas of the school.
Exempted by the Rector of AMU from this regulation are students of the Department of Voice and Opera Directing and the Department of Wind Instruments, who can take off the mask during teaching, provided there is a distance of at least 5 meters from another person. For this reason, the Gallery will be reserved for teaching by the Department of Wind Instruments and the Orchestral Hall for the Department of Voice and Opera Directing, where it is possible to better observe the distancing rules,
- individual visits to the library will be possible in order to collect or return study literature for students of all years of study. It is however still necessary to arrange your visit with the head of the library in advance, contact: Mgr. Jana Horká, tel: 234 244 192, firstname.lastname@example.org
Based on the Rector's recommendation, teachers over the age of 70 should carefully consider the degree of risk of coronavirus infection and, if necessary, ask their younger colleagues at the department or doctoral students to temporarily take over their duties.
The administrative functions of the school observe the guidelines of the faculty’s secretary.