We understand that the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation will be making some people feel anxious and that many of you will have questions regarding the accommodation.
All accommodation contracts through 30 June 2020 remain valid and the Hradební Residence Hall (Residence) is open and operational. However, due to the fast-moving circumstances and because we take your health and wellbeing extremely seriously, if you wish to terminate the accommodation contract before 30 June, you will not be charged cancellation fee by the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (AMU).
1) The rent for students who have been staying at the Residence after 12 March, i.e. after the Government’s measures cancelling the physical lectures and classes were implemented remains unchanged as per the accommodation contract.
Due to the social-distancing measures we highly recommend paying the rent via the bank transfer.
2) The rent will be reduced by 80% for students who can prove that they have not been staying at the Residence after 11 March due to the safety measures of the Czech Republic’s Ministry of Health and the related cancellation of the physical lectures and classes. The reduced rent is 20% of the standard rent stipulated by the accommodation contract and is valid for the period from 12 March to 31 May 2020, unless AMU stipulates otherwise with regard to the COVID-19 situation.
3) the rent’s due date remains unchanged,
4) students who wish to terminate the accommodation contract retrospectively to 31 March (and be exempt from the cancellation fee), must immediately (no later than 8 April) contact the residence warden by email – firstname.lastname@example.org – to terminate the contract by agreement,
5) if students terminate the contract between 31 March and 30 June, they will be returned the deposit.
Any unpaid balance will be covered by the deposit, any amount overpaid will be reimbursed to the student’s bank account given in the accommodation contract.
6) No guests are allowed on the premises of the Residence until further notice.
We would also like to inform the students staying at the Residence that given the exceptional circumstances, AMU reserves the right to temporarily move a student to a different room for a necessary period of time provided AMU has informed the student about this change in writing at least 24 hours beforehand.
We hope that these measures will not have to be implemented; however should a student staying at the Residence be diagnosed with COVID-19, AMU reserves the right to implement these measures in order to keep all the students and residence staff safe. Should such a situation arise, we would kindly ask students for their cooperation and understanding.
Cases of students who cannot at the present time take full advantage of the accommodation due to the government travel restriction measures related to COVID-19 (implemented either by the Czech Republic or any other country) will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Depending on the current situation and Government’s measures, should the residence rent for the month of June or any other existing condition of the residence’s operation change, all students with a valid accommodation contract will be duly and promptly notified.
Thank you for your cooperation and stay safe
In Prague 1 April 2020