Article 1 Introductory Provisions
In accordance with articles 18 and 19 of the Statute of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague, the Dean of the Music and Dance Faculty of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (HAMU) announces the following rules and conditions for the admission procedure for the full-time bachelor’s programme in English for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Article 2 Open study disciplines in English at HAMU for the 2020/2021 academic year
Art of Music programme:
Art of Dance programme:
Article 3 Admission Procedure
● Schedule for the entrance examinations: 24 – 31 January 2020
● The Academy’s online application form is open 1–30 November 2019.
● Deadline for applications: 30 November 2019
● The administrative fee is 33 EUR (NOTE: this figure EXCLUDES the bank transfer fee). For payments from other countries: SWIFT CODE: KOMBCZPPXXX; IBAN: CZ5301000000195373180297
● Complete the electronic application form at https://prihlaska.amu.cz/apps/kos/prihlaska/wpr_webapp_pg.main?p_session_id=&p_view=&p_action=changeLang&p_lang=AN, print out the application form generated as a pdf and send it, with the applicant’s signature and all the required annexes (see the appendix to this Order), to: HAMU Department of Student Affairs, Malostranské nám. 13, 118 00 Prague 1, or by hand to the AMU REGISTRY (PODATELNA), Malostranské nám. 259/12, Prague 1. For opening hours, see: https://www.amu.cz/en/all-about-amu/university-organizational-structure/
● For more information, see https://www.hamu.cz/en/study/admission-procedures/
● Application forms postmarked after the deadline will not be accepted for the admission procedure.
Article 4 Rules for the Admission Procedure and Conditions for Admission
● Each department and section sets a schedule for the admission procedure. The departments’ clerks will send invitations and other information to applicants’ email addresses as listed in their application forms.
● All the conditions for satisfying these criteria and defining the minimum and maximum points awarded for the entrance examinations in the individual disciplines are listed at https://www.hamu.cz/en/study/admission-procedures/
Article 5 Alternative Dates for the Entrance Examinations
No alternative date for the admission procedure has been set. If an applicant is unable to attend the scheduled entrance examination for medical reasons and submits a medical certificate within three days of the holding of the entrance examination, the Dean will evaluate the excuse and in exceptional and justified cases may, following agreement with the relevant admissions commission, set an alternative date for the entrance examination as proposed by the department in question.
Article 6 Publishing the Results of the Admission Procedure
Applicants will be informed of the results of the entrance examination in writing within 30 days of the admissions commission’s decision.
Article 7 Final Provisions
● This Order was discussed and approved by the HAMU Academic Senate on 17th June 2019.
● This Order comes into effect on the day it is published on HAMU’s website and official notice board.
Prague, 29th July 2019
Dean of HAMU
Required annexes to the application form for the bachelor’s programme in the 2020/2021 academic year
Applicants must complete the electronic application form and submit it to the Faculty’s study system (KOS) and also send it – printed, signed and with all required annexes – to the Faculty within the set time limit.
Supplementary required annexes: